Every time you go on a long drive, do you still prefer listening to Bryan Adams, or Enrique Iglesias? You are not alone; all the 80s and most of the 90s kids love this music. This was the time when our favorite music channels like MTV and Channel V started airing music round the clock.
The contemporary pop music saw a rise of legends like Madonna, Britney Spears, and bands like Backstreet Boys, Boyzone reach the pinnacle. Let us take a walk down the memory lane retracing some of the most popular numbers.
- Bryan Adams: The legend rose to fame with his classic, Summer of ’69, in the early 90s. Songs like Everything I do, Have You Really Loved a Woman, I am Ready, and the list goes on, are all eternal favorites.
- Britney Spears: Fresh-faced with a versatile voice, her numbers, Baby One More Time, and Oops I did it Again were our school-time favorites.
- Whitney Houston: The moment her pitch rose with “and I will Always Love You…” you knew she meant it. She went on to bag Grammys for this.
- Aqua (Band): Who doesn’t remember the famous “Barbie Girl?” This song was our favorite and thanks to its easy to hum along lines, became a must-sing at karaoke bars worldwide. We also loved their “Doctor Jones.”
- Ricky Martin: The handsome Ricky Martin was a major crush of most of the women from around the world. What George Michael was to the eighties, was Ricky Martin and his “Livin la Vida Loca,” and “Maria.”
- Toni Braxton: “Un-break my heart, say you love me again…” This was a Billboard chart-topper thanks to her vocals tugging our heartstrings.
- Spice Girls: “Wannabe” was the best girl gang song that became our favorite anthem of sorts. The peppiness was their key, but you will not find it in their Viva Forever song, which was also a hit though far mellow in nature.
- Backstreet Boys: “I want it that way,” “Everybody,” and “Get it Down” are some of the songs that every pre-teen and teen girl had memorized.
- Jennifer Lopez: “Waiting for Tonight” was a perfect party number and continued to haunt us.
- All for One: Their “I Swear” song was such a peaceful and romantic number that you will find yourself going back to listening to it once more now.
Fresh music, romantic ballads, and dance numbers, the 90s was a way ahead of its time.